Mobile Phones at Arena Academy
At Arena Academy we recognise that mobile phones, including smart phones, are an important part of everyday life for our students, parents/carers and staff, as well as the wider school community.
- Promote, and set an example for, safe and responsible mobile phone use
- Set clear guidelines for the use of mobile phones for students, staff and parents/carers.
- Support the school’s other policies, especially those related to Safeguarding and child protection, E Safety and behaviour.
This policy also aims to address some of the challenges posed by mobile phones in school, such as:
- Risks to safeguarding and child protection
- Data protection issues
- Potential for lesson disruption
- Risk of theft, loss, or damage
- Appropriate use of technology in the classroom
The full mobile phone policy for Arena Academy – updated September 2021 – can be downloaded here: